Southwest Service Administrators, Inc.
NECA-IBEW Local Union No. 584 Profit Sharing Plan
2425 N. Central Expressway, Suite 120
Richardson, TX 75080
Empower Web Registration Process - You will need to register on the new site to view their account and create a new username/password.
Participants can call 833-569-2433 to speak with the Empower Service Center.
Hours Monday to Friday 8am to 10pm EST.
Saturdays 9am to 5:30pm EST.
How do I apply for my annuity?
Complete and print the online Annuity Benefit Application and mail to the Fund Office at P.O. Box 43170, Phoenix, AZ 85080-3170.
How do I find out how much my Annuity Benefit will be?
Complete and print the online Benefits Statement Request Form and mail to the Fund Office at P.O. Box 43170, Phoenix, AZ 85080-3170. You can also look up your benefit online at empowermyretirement.com.
How do I change my investment options?
Complete and print the online Investment Selection Form and mail to the Fund Office at P.O. Box 43170, Phoenix, AZ 85080-3170. You can also change your options online at empowermyretirement.com.
How do I change my address?
Complete and print the online Change of Address Form and mail to the Fund Office at P.O. Box 43170, Phoenix, AZ 85080-3170.
How do I designate or change my beneficiary?
Complete and print the online Beneficiary Form and mail to the Fund Office at P.O. Box 43170, Phoenix, AZ 85080-3170.
Can I fax information to the fund office?
The fund office can only accept documents with original signatures to prevent fraudulent activity.
Am I allowed to take a withdrawal from my Annuity Benefits?
You may be allowed to withdraw from your Annuity Benefits once you have met one of the following:
· Age 65 and retired from the industry
· Age 62 and has had no contributions for 3 consecutive months or receiving a Local Pension
· Total and Permanent Disability (proof of disability required)
· Break in Service – After 12 consecutive months with no contributions
Am I allowed to take a Hardship Distribution?
You may be allowed to take a Hardship Loan from your Profit Share account under certain criteria. Before approval, you must provide documentation showing the need for the Hardship Loan and the amount of the Hardship Loan. All Hardship Loans are subject to Board of Trustees approval.
Eligibility Requirements for a Hardship Loan include:
· Must be a member of the Plan for 5 years or more (based on first contributions into the Plan)
· May only take up to 50% of your account balance with a maximum amount of $50,000
· May only take one loan at a time
· Must not have defaulted on a previous loan
Examples of acceptable circumstances for a Hardship Loan include (but are not limited to):
· Medical care Expenses for the Employee, the Employee’s spouse or a dependent of $2,500 or more
· Cost related to purchase or improvements of a principal residence for the Employee
· Tuition, related educational fees, and room and board expenses
· Payments necessary to prevent foreclosure on the Employee’s mortgage – must be at 3 months delinquent
· Funeral expenses incurred because of the death of a spouse, child or parent